Golden soft naans filled with moist coconut, marzipan and sultanas. Can easily work both as an appetiser or a part of a meal. It is easy and quick to make, and loaded with flavours for the yummiest treat.
This naan bread is made with good ingredients such as organic white strong bread flour, honey, coconut, sultanas, olive oil. The marzipan and olive oil make this bread insanely moist.
Makes 6, cooking time 10 – 12 minutes. plus 30 minutes rising.
- 300g organic strong bread flour
- 1 tsp fast-action yeast
- 2g (1 tsp) salt
- dash of honey
- 100ml milk
- 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) water
- 25g (2oz) sultanas
- 25g (2oz) desiccated coconut
- 50 g (40z) marzipan
- olive oil for brushing
- Tip the flour, yeast, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Gently warm the milk and water until finger hot. Then add to the bowl along with the honey. Stir until the mixture comes together then turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until elastic and smooth (you can speed up the process using a bread maker-dough option only). Lightly oil the bowl and then place the dough inside and cover with clingfilm. Leave until doubled in size, about 30 mins.
- Tip the marzipan, sultanas and coconut into a small pan and heat gently over low heat with a dash of milk. Stir until marzipan had dissolved and mixture looks melted.
- Punch down the risen dough, knocking out all the air, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 1 minute more. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball. Use your thumb to make a large dent in each ball and put a little of the marzipan mixture inside. Then use your fingers to seal. Roll out the dough to form a teardrop, roughly 20 cm x 10 cm wide.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Place a large baking sheet under the grill and heat for 5 minutes. Carefully place the naans onto the baking sheet and cook in 2 batches under the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly puffed and browned. Brush with olive oil.