Flaky, buttery plums and raspberries puffs for a simple yet tasty treat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily create these delicious puffs that you will want to make over and over again. I love using pre-made puff pastry dough; it’s easy to work with, it’s super versatile and tastes absolutely amazing.
- 140g raspberries
- 4 plums, stoned and chopped
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- custard or whipped cream, to serve
- 1 roll or block of puff pastry
- 1 egg for brushing the pastry
- Put all the fruit in baking bowl, sprinkling over the sugar and cornflour as you go. Add the lemon juice and zest; give everything a light mix. Set aside until your pastry is rolled out.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 with a baking sheet in it. Lightly dust another baking sheet with flour and roll out the pastry onto it in a rough circle until the pastry is about 0.5cm thick. If you want, use a small, sharp knife to cut a pattern around the edge of the pastry.
- Give the fruit another mix, then pile into the middle of the pastry, leaving a 7cm border of clear pastry all around the edge. Fold the pastry border up and over the fruit filling, pinching bits together to keep it neat and in place. Whisk the egg white until very frothy. Using a pastry brush, brush the froth all over the pastry. Scoop over the remaining granulated sugar, and sprinkle a little more over the fruit. Lift onto the heated sheet and bake for 35 mins until the pastry is golden brown and crispy. Serve straight from the oven with lashings of custard or, if you’re feeling really wicked, a whipped cream.