I wanted to share this delicate and beautiful dessert. It’s perfect for any Sunday afternoon! It just screams delicious flavour and sophistication! It seems more complicated than it really is and if you want to impress your family, this is the way to do it. It’s very child friendly too. So get your little ones to help in the kitchen….
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ unwaxed lemon, zest only
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 100g/3½oz golden caster sugar
- 75g/2½oz sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tubs of ricotta cheese
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- In a large baking bow mix together eggs, sultanas and ricotta cheese until smooth. Add sugar and cinnamon, zest of the lemon and lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Lay out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, and roll with a rolling pin.
- Divide the ricotta cheese filling among the six rectangles and place it in a sausage shape towards the bottom edge of the pastry. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, tuck in the sides then roll up into a tight parcel and brush with butter. Put the strudels on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle icing sugar over each strudel piece.