Cozy up with a plate of this belly-warming chicken with coconut milk! Made with tender chunks of chicken breasts, onion, Indian spices, garlic and plenty of flavour. It is an easy dinner you’ll want to make right away, as it’s creamy, fresh, and so satisfying.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Indian spices: 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. ground coriander,1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 3 cardamons (mixed together)
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 5 ml of tomato paste
- 5 ml lemon juice
- dash of honey
- salt to season
- 8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the Indian spice mix, onion and garlic. Cook for 5–10 minutes until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and allow to brown, whilst stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato paste, dash of honey and lemon juice, stir well to evenly coat all the chicken pieces and continue to cook for a further 5–10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Sprinkle in a teaspoon of salt, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Allow thechicken to simmer gently for around 30 minutes, until its is cooked through. Remove the lid and allow the sauce to reduce for a further 5–10 minutes to thicken. Stir occasionally and if you think the dish needs a little more coconut milk, add during cooking.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with your favourite herbs. Serve with rice or naan bread.