These brownies are ultra fudgy, creamy, moist and hard to resist or share….you will bake this over and over again and love it every time.
For the brownie mix you will need:
185g unsalted butter
185g best dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
100g white chocolate
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
- Cut 185g unsalted butter into small cubes and tip into a medium size bowl. Break 185g dark chocolate into small pieces and drop into the bowl.
- Fill a small pan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them.
- Remove the bowl from the pan.
- While you wait for the chocolate to cool, position a shelf in the middle of your oven and turn the oven on to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4.
- Using a shallow 20cm square tin, cut out a square of non-stick baking paper to line the base. Tip the plain flour and the cocoa powder into a sieve held over a medium bowl. Tap and shake the sieve so they run through together and you get rid of any lumps.
- Chop 100g white chocolate into smaller chunks.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar. They will look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. This can take 3-8 minutes, depending on how powerful your mixer is. You’ll know it’s ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg mousse, then gently fold together with a spatula.
- Add the white chocolate chinks into the mixture and fold gently altogether.
- Transfer into the baking tin and bake for 20-25 mins. Do not over bake, otherwise the brownies will be too dry. The ideal brownies should be gooey in the middle, but not too runny.
For the blackberry jam: 100g of berries and 100g caster sugar. Cook on the gently heat until dissolved. Add a dash of water and simmer to your desired consistency. Serve with brownies and cream.